Located at the heart of a transportation hub in Eastern Ontario, LIM is strategically placed in close proximity of many 400-series highways facilitating the weekly distribution of over 3 million cases of product to their destinations.
The 1.2 million square ft. facility is comprised of 3 main areas:
The Grocery area is 441,278 sq ft and is one large room which has Shipping & Receiving performed at each side of the building. The Grocery area includes grocery flow where stock is received, picked and shipped same day.
The Perishable area is 393,693 sq ft and has 5 different chambers, with product-specific temperature regulators. The Perishable area includes Cargill flow where stock is received, picked and shipped same day.
We are also a central point where Vendors deliver Perishable goods to be Cross Docked nationally.
We also ripen some product on site. Ripening can be a 4 to 5 day cycle. There are 31 ripening rooms where up to 1000 cases of product can be ripened at a time in single rooms, and 2000 cases at a time in double rooms.
The Freezer area is 163,074 sq ft and has 2 different chambers. The Freezer area consists of picking cases, replenishment and loading. We are also a central point where Vendors deliver frozen goods to be Cross Docked nationally.
Cutting-edge technology allows each area to operate together, yet separately, within the temperature, shipping and loading requirements.
At LIM, we are passionate about the future and wellbeing of our environment. It is one of our top priorities to assist in sustaining the environment and reducing waste throughout the facility. By investing in various green initiatives and continually doing our part for the environment, our commitment to our planet emphasizes LIM’s focus on a healthy and “green” carbon footprint, today and for future generations.
Logistics in Motion Inc. relies on the talents, diversity and commitment of all our employees to deliver outstanding and reliable service to our customer and achieve our corporate goals. We strive to build strong relationships with all of our employees by providing them with an environment where they are safe, respected, engaged and rewarded for their achievements within our workplace.
All full time employees (out of their probationary period) are considered Benefits-eligible employees, and receive a wide range of perks, benefits and assistance. An employee benefits package can include bonuses, retirement savings matching, Health and Dental coverage for them and their dependants.
Logistics in Motion Inc. is committed to supporting causes that matter to our clients, our employees and our communities. As a company, we aim to make a difference through corporate donations, sponsorships and the volunteer spirit of employees.
In Durham Region (Ontario), where our distribution Centre is located, we believe in being involved in the communities we’re a part of. Bringing communities together, inspiring environmental change and making a difference in people’s lives are all a part of being a good neighbour. It’s a commitment developed in this belief that we can use our size to bring about positive change with local food banks, local children’s charities, and other charitable organizations in the area and beyond.
Providing our customer the best possible service, at the lowest possible cost.
Here are the principles of how we maintain our business to ensure success:
- Service excellence and meeting our commitments “Our Way”
- We will understand, respect and anticipate customer needs
- We will look for ways to say “Yes”
- Our relationships will be open and honest
- Without compromise, we all contribute to maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- We recognize and respect the impact of our attitudes and actions have on each other
- We promote open communication and support high levels of participation
- We acknowledge individual strengths, needs and opportunities for personal development
- Our culture celebrates success: diversity, milestones, team spirit and fun
- We continually challenge ourselves to improve the business
- We deliver the promise – solution, service and cost
- Metro Logistics Inc. is successful, profitable and growing
- We attract and retain the best team members
- We are held in high regard for our thorough leadership and industry expertise
- We are socially responsible and work with like-minded organizations
- We challenge our thinking and actions to positively affect our impact on the environment
- We promote and support team member driven social initiatives
- We uphold and comply with all legislation